SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misschocolatecake

Seeking Rohl fireclay owners

I need to choose my sink today and have been finally convinced that I should do a 30" sink instead of 24". It's in a 9.5 foot island and I'm told a 24 would look like a prep sink. Ok, fine.

What I can't figure out is which white sink. I definitely want a single bowl and have been considering a cast iron (like the Kohler I currently use and looks white and fine after 10 years though a bit dulled by my use of bleach) OR a Rohl Allia which I have zero experience with but it's what I'm leaning toward.

I've read all the potential horror stories with the Rohl. Can I get opinions from you who have had a Rohl fireclay sink (allia or Shaw's) for at least a year? Any cracking of the finish, staining, other issue? I know any sink can chip. For those of you who don't use a sink protector is it sure to chip without it? I plan to have a garbage disposal attached and would tell installer to be careful with that.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Just terrified of choosing badly and being stuck with a very expensive sink AND countertop mistake.

Comment

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!