SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Sassy Saturday Sizzlers

6 years ago

Lots of old favorites were blooming today as singles and doubles.

Last Snowflake had its ffo today with a pair of 7.5 inch blooms. It was so great to see this one back with gigantic, fluffly flowers again. It lost fans in the winter three years ago, and didn't bloom at all last year. I hope this one will return to its former glory. I have two other fans still planted in their original spot that no longer gets enough sun, and they have not scaped. This double fan, which was originally three, is in the Red Bed.

Last Snowflake in the sun

Last Snowflake in the shade

This sun shot of Barbara Mandrell had more white on the edge than gold. It doesn't usually look like this, but I thought it was especially pretty this way. I prefer white edges to gold.

This Longing sported a duo of heart stealers this morning. This is the prettiest edge I've seen on it in three years.

Princess Diary has impressed me with perfect blooms everyday this week. I just wish all the fans had scaped. I received this last fall as a double fan, and now it's three.

Blazing Saddles has had a rough season. First the deer ate two of its three scapes. Then a storm bent the remaining scape. I have a support holding it up right now. I still love this UF the best - just wish it would increase better where I have it planted. It may need to move.

A Llittle Fire, Scarecrow

Heavenly Snow White was looking very white this morning - almost as white as the Bounce strip. I've had this one since last fall. It's blooming on very short scapes.

Armed to the Teeth started blooming yesterday, and it was a splotchy mess. Today's bloom is better. But I fear it will always have splotched sepals in the daily heavy dew here. The white teeth are huge and sharp! This is my first Polston cultivar.

Raspberries in Cream has been throwing perfect blooms for two weeks on 10-inch scapes. This one scaped last year, but then lost its buds in the heat. Later it put up a rebloom scape that bloomed while I was on vacation. So I've been waiting a long time to see the flowers. It's getting shaded out by Razor Sharp and Happy Happy, so it will need to a new location to do its best.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm