on-line groceries
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (12)
Related Discussions
about grocery store baggers
Comments (31)Exactly. I have watched cashiers reach down the belt to grab something in a box - or worse, dish washing detergent - to put with my cold stuff, which I put on the belt first. I have tried the opposite approach - so they reach for a cold item to put with something packaged. Drives me nuts. And I have so many bags - cooler bags, regular bags - and ice packs in the car to put with the cold stuff - that I no longer have room in my trunk. Most of the cashiers where I shop know that I intend to pack my own groceries - or will ask them to keep the cold stuff, produce etc. together. I am hardly unique - people behind me in the line behind me get very frustrated as they are doing the same as I am - and some people just move to a different cashier. And if anyone has ever had a bottle of dish soap open when placed with food you will understand the horror of it all. Just the other day I asked a young cashier about to bag my dishwashing soap with produce to go home and tell her mother she was going to put regular dishwashing liquid in the dishwasher and clothes washer and wait for her mom's reaction. I always tie a plastic bag around things with tops such as are on dishwashing liquid....See MoreOn line grocery coupons???
Comments (6)I did go to coupons.com printed off a few. I am going shoping at WalMart tomorrow (ick) but it is on my way to a biz appt. I dont usually go there but with the price of gass I dont go out of my way much any more. i will let you know if they accept them....See MoreThe grocery shopping experience
Comments (48)I just don't like the personal chore of it. I don't like to go often, so I make a big plan and try to go every two weeks. It requires making a meal plan and a very thorough list to feed the 6 of us. So, I get frustrated trying to get my family to participate in the planning, getting ideas of what they'd like for meals so I don't get in a rut. They "don't care" when I make the list, but then ask for things later that I didn't get. Shoulda told me when I asked! I come home with a full minivan, it takes 3 hours, I go to 2-3 stores and take a cooler to keep cold foods. Then it takes me 1/2 a day to put it away. I hate that. But at least it's done for a while. If I am in a bad mood, I know the grocery is not the place for me. The mood will get worse, I won't stay focused, and the job won't get done right. So if I can help it, I wait until my mood improves. I might have to take a little time to myself and find my Zen, get my mind ready. ;o) Most of the time, people are polite and will correct it apologize if the commit a faux pas. Having said that, there is still one thing that will irritate the beejeebees out of me. In the parking lot, people walking diagonally across the driving lanes as slow as molassas while having a conversation. Then they slow to a stop in the middle and have a chat. They will look up, knowing full well cars are stopped waiting for them, and it's like it doesn't cross their mind they are in a parking lot not a park!! These are not physically limited people who cannot walk any faster, I am patient with that, they gotta do what they gotta do. I would get out and hold traffic for them. These offenders are young, tight jeans and high heals, toddler in the cart, bags piled everywhere, hands on their hips "I got all day to stand here and chat so that's what I'm gonna do." It is as if they are from another planet where this behavior is the norm b/c there is no indication that they know any better. Some days I just have to take a cleansing breath and remind myself that I don't want to hurt anyone. I really want to get out and explain to them "Welcome to our planet where we don't have reunions in parking lots."...See MoreDo You Know the Psycology of a Grocery store?
Comments (20)And another thing: elevation placement. The stuff they wish to move is placed at eye level (for the lady shopper). Its a little low for the average male. Knick-nacks and items that appeal to kids are on the lower shelves where they can grab and whine. This can backfire, so the more expsnive choclates are on higher shelves out of reach of toddlers. At my local store, they use automatied sprinklers to keep the veggies moist. A few seconds before the sprinklers turn on, a recording of thunder is played with the sound of falling rain to warn shoppers to stand back - the spray is about to begin. Over on the other side of the store are dairy cases. Motion sensors detect when you are nearby and a recording of mooing diary cows begin - that can be anoying. The store is laid out so that people arriving through the main entrance passes by the office. Usually, the owner or a trusted staff member is seated to see you pass by the open office door. They'll say "hello" to each customer as he/she enters the main shopping floor. Music is played over the intercom. Golden Oldies are often selected. In the late afternoon and evening hours whem shoppers are tired, the music selection changes to more lively tunes such as "76 trombones" and marches. This helps to put a bit of spring in tired clinetel's steps and keeps the masses moving....See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: An Ecofriendly Family Home Gets in Line
Without any curved lines but with a wealth of energy-efficient features, this remodeled home in Northern California has plenty of appeal
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen of the Week: Simple Lines and Bold Color
When imagining a new look for this space, the designer started with orange
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Sleek Lines and Innovations in Portland
Behind these airy, contemporary interiors lie high-tech systems that lower utility costs while keeping the family comfortable
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNHow to Waste Less Food
Here are 9 relatively painless ways to throw away less food and stretch your grocery dollars
Full Story
LOFTSHouzz Tour: Asian Elegance With an Industrial Edge
Once a grocery warehouse, this Denver loft is now stocked with a mix of dramatic, raw and refined pieces
Full Story
MODERN STYLEModern Icons: Missoni Textiles
Excited by Target's new Missoni line? See what else this venerated fashion house has to offer
Full Story
Missoni for Target Collection Debuts to a Shopping Frenzy
Get a look at the colorful collection that led eager shoppers to line up early and crash site
Full Story
LANDSCAPE DESIGNIdeas for Contemporary Garden Paths
Clean lines and modern materials shine in these 11 sleek walkway designs
Full Story
FARM YOUR YARDRemake Your Backyard Into a Mini Farm
You can get a taste of country life by line-drying your laundry, growing some produce or going whole hog with the critters
Full Story
SELLING YOUR HOUSESave Money on Home Staging and Still Sell Faster
Spend only where it matters on home staging to keep money in your pocket and buyers lined up
Full Story
User