SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jewels_ks

My life with my niece and nephew

jewels_ks
6 years ago

Things have been pretty busy around here with my niece and nephew. We have been going to parks, splash parks with fountains, and the library pretty often. Bedtime started out rough for the 3 year old, but with some determination and keeping a schedule, it has improved drastically, This Tuesday we leave for South Dakota and my niece and nephew will be staying with some friends. We get back on Sunday and then on Wednesday me and my daughter are flying the kids out to Orlando to my sisters. My husband and my sister's husband have not really taken to wanting to raise the kids. They both think about retirement and how old we all will be when my niece graduates from high school. It has been a stressful time between me and my husband, I see his point, but these kids are innocent in this situation and need a family to love them. He has come around a little bit. My sister is going to give it a try, but not with her husband's blessing. She has looked at hiring a nanny and has got two in mind. I am gong to meet them and tour a preschool for my niece when I am there. My sister and I have been looking into guardianship and I hope to talk to her about it some more when we are in SD (without the kids). Tomorrow a good friend of the kids' mom is coming over to visit and lunch. We have searched high and low for my niece's birth certificate, but to no avail. I got online today and with a little bit of info and a little bit of money, I was able to order one. I'll update again sometime soon.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional