SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lcmartin43

Help....No clue what I'm doing

lcmartin43
6 years ago

I'd like to get other's ideas on what we can do to help our landscaping situation. We're clueless! Our house is built into a hill, so last summer we had steps and a sidewalk hardscaped from our drive way to the front door entrance. We built a couple small retaining walls between the house and the steps. (We put the white marble stone down, but I'm going to reuse and replace with something with more grey tones - the stark white with the grey/tan tones just isn't doing it for me) and possibly plant a small ground cover or something on the lower. Our issue right now is what to do on the left of the steps and walk way. I was planning on using the same stone we used for the retaining wall, but in a smaller format...which is what is stacked along the sidewalk, but would it look silly to lay this stone on a decent sloped hill or would we be better off to somehow carry the retaining walls to the other side? Or, we have to bring in more dirt to fill that side...would we be better off getting a lot of dirt and leveling off that area and throwing grass seed down and not bother with doing anything on that side? The way it is right now, my husband is really unable to mow that slope...it's probably 75% sand, so he just drifts down the hill and leaves bald patches (as you can see). Hope this is making sense.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!