SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
indy74

Entertainment center, console, built in... where to house the tv?

indy74
6 years ago

We just moved into our new home. The wall where the television is located is a good size. Cathedral ceiling moves from 11' at ends to 16 at center. The wall itself is 150 from the inside corner to the inside edge of the arched doorway. I hope that makes sense...

At the moment, we are debating what to put on the wall. We both lean toward an wood stained entertainment center, but they seem to be a bit difficult to find unless one shops online. We want to see it in person before shelling out a ton of cash.

As you can see in the pic, there are also huge windows. Only about 15" from the corner to the trim of the window. Yes, windows will be dressed with curtains, so I don't want to make something so large as to crowd this area.

The trim in this house is all painted white, but the cabinetry in the kitchen (opposite the wall shown) is beautiful cherry as are the hardwood floors in kitchen foyer. We would like to bring the cherry onto this wall to help balance the areas as well as to warm it up.

A few concerns, aside from not easily finding these cabinets. When we do find them, some of the costs are more than most cars I've owned. Yikes! It turns out that we have expensive taste. We really like a traditional decor so again the wall unit seems to fit well. If we go with console, we don't want the rest of the wall to become busy with decor, but it can't be left naked either. If it's possible to find something to close off tv when not in use, I'm a fan. Currently we have a 42" tv, neither of us intends to buy anyting larger. Suggestions?

What you see in the pic is size that we are considering.

Thanks for any input.

Comments (3)