SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrspete

Could I ask a smaller question? Doubt it. I'm writing about hangers.

mrspete
6 years ago

I'm fed up with the hangers in my closet. They're mismatched and messy looking, and while it's far-far-far from a need, I'm going to replace them with matching hangers. This task seemed so easy as a hypothetical ... but in reality, I have these thoughts:

- I'm attracted to pretty Pinterest pictures with matching wooden hangers -- white seems most common, wood tone is also nice, but I really like the Robin's Egg blue hangers and am willing to paint them.

- BUT I live in the South and wear lots of thin, gauzy tops. I like to wash these ... hang them on hangers to drip dry ... then move them straight to the closet. I've never dried anything on a wooden hanger, but it seems like a mistake (both for the garment and the hanger).

- And then I think, Why not just go with pretty blue hangers that cost $2/10 at Walmart? Does really nice matter as much as matching?

- I'm not a big skirt wearer, and I fold my pants, so I'm really only looking for one type of hanger that'll work for shirts and dresses.

So, please help me as I over-think hangers. Your thoughts?

Comments (31)