SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ishareflowers

OT: I'm so angry, I could spit!

Hello All!

I came here to vent!

I got an invitation to another plant swap site in my email the other day.

I gladly headed over to check it out and even responded to a few posts offering seeds that people were looking for. I was sending the seeds on my dime and wasn;t looking for anything in return!

I then was cleaning out my back garden and decided that I have way too many prickly pear cactus plants and offered them up for postage ($2 in cash or stamps).

I popped into the site this morning to find this posted to the group!!! I also got a private email stating that when trading a newbie has to send first and that to give them the plants I have to send them and wait for the postage money..

I wouldn't mind BUT I asked for nothing in return...How is this a trade??? I was just trying to get rid of some extras and share with others as I have done here on the gw!

Please tell me that I am over reacting, how would you feel???

Once upon a time, we had a trader who came into the group, and I will call her Sleeping Beauty. She seemed like a real Beauty of a member -- making many wonderful beautiful offers to our group of members who were very excited about her. And she appeared to have been "sleeping" all this time, because no one had ever seen her before or heard of her before! She appeared to have awakened from her sleep to become active in this group. VERY ACTIVE.

This Sleeping Beauty quickly made many, many beautiful offers to the membership in the land of Plantswap. Lickety-split!! Many members, whom I will call (for the sake of this silly fairytale/fable) -- Dumpy, Frumpy, Goofy, Silly, Tilly, and Milly -- ALL quickly jumped at her offers and emailed her right away that they wanted what she had, and how could they get some?

"Very easy," replied Sleeping Beauty , "just send me the money, stamps, cash, or what you have to trade, to get what I am offering! Why, I will even settle for SASE!"

Even though this Sleeping Beauty came out of nowhere, the people of the Land of Plantswap loved her right away! Everyone wanted what she offered! They couldn't move fast enough to send their hard-earned money, cash, stamps, plants, seeds and cuttings to her! Sleeping Beauty smiled at how popular she instantly became in the Land of Plantswap :)) (We should all be so lucky, yeah).

Well, Dumpy, Frumpy, Goofy, Silly, Tilly, and Milly all felt wonderful! They had sent their hard-earned money, cash, stamps, plants, seeds and cuttings to Sleeping Beauty, and now all they had to do was sit and wait for the wonderful things she promised. They dreamed of how their wonderful garden would improve by what they got from her, when they got it!

They waited.

Then they waited some more.

Then they waited and waited and WAITED.

More and more time went by, and soon they wondered what happened? What happened to all the wonderful things that they were supposed to get from Sleeping Beauty? Come to think of it, WHERE was Sleeping Beauty? Did she go back to sleep?

Dumpy, Frumpy, Goofy, Silly, Tilly, and Milly each tried to contact Sleeping Beauty, all to no avail. After a while they became very sad, and tired of waiting for her.

But, Sleeping Beauty was too busy using all the money and stamps to care about Dumpy, Frumpy, Goofy, Silly, Tilly, and Milly!! With her new bounty, she went out to buy or order new plants, seeds and cuttings for herself from what she had gotten -- a treasure trove when you added it all up because she had made many such wonderful offers in other places too -- not just to the members of Plantswap Land ! Oh my, she was busy, busy, busy!! She had sooooo many wonderful new plants, seeds and cuttings that she received from everyone's hard work and efforts! She had to plant them all in her beautiful garden which grew more beautiful with each and every delivery that her mailman made to her door! And all it took was a few words and posts in Plantswap Land , that’s all!! Free, freee, freeeeee!!!

In the meantime, Dumpy, Frumpy, Goofy, Silly, Tilly, and Milly all wondered what happened. They saw that there were many more new things being offered in the land of Plantswap by many members who were established traders with a TRACK RECORD IN THE GROUP. They realized that they did not follow the laws of the land of Plantswap, which were called POLICIES & PROCEDURES, designed to PROTECT THEM! They quickly saw that other members were getting what they could not, because they had already spent their hard earned money, stamps, plants, seeds and cuttings on Sleeping Beauty’s offers, and now they had nothing more to give for what they saw being offered in the group.

When they realized that they had been cheated, Dumpy, Frumpy, Goofy, Silly, Tilly, and Milly all tried to appeal for help, but it was to no avail. All of the other members of the Land of Plantswap felt terrible for them, of course. But, the world goes on, and they too, were much too busy to cry over spilled milk. Especially because it wasn’t their spilled milk. It was Dumpy, Frumpy, Goofy, Silly, Tilly, and Milly’s spilled milk. Oh my! The other members of the land of Plantswap were just too busy, happily making many wonderful trades safely with other established members of the group who were GREAT TRADERS with an established trading record!!

Poor Dumpy, Frumpy, Goofy, Silly, Tilly, and Milly! They had turned their backs on what had been advised time and again, to ensure their happiness and success in the Land of Plantswap because they chose to throw all caution to the wind. They now realized that the money, time and effort that they gave to Sleeping Beauty could better have been spent on getting themselves things to beautify THEIR own gardens, rather than her's. But it was much too late.

This is a fable with a sad ending, unfortunately, for Dumpy, Frumpy, Goofy, Silly, Tilly, and Milly. But, surprise! It was also a sad ending for Flopsy, Mopsy, and Topsy who secretly, dug under the fence without anyone's knowing because they contacted Sleeping Beauty privately, and no one even knew ....till it was too late for them, too.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS:

READ THE POLICIES & PROCEDURES IN THE PLANTSWAP GROUP FILES, AND FOLLOW THEM FOR YOUR OWN GOOD, TO PREVENT BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF.

END OF STORY.

GARDEN WEB IS THE BEST and I'm sorry that I strayed away...

Lisa

Comments (34)