SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leah2016

Tree suggestions for 10 acre property zone 5b Northeast

Leah
6 years ago

We are hopefully going to purchase a house on 10 acres. There are some nice deciduous trees lining the driveway up to the house (not sure what they are) and two or three of them in front of the house and in the back. The rest of the rear yard about 200' back and about 500' to the side are open farmland. I don't know the exact measurement but the property is roughly 425X1000'. I want to plant evergreens along the rear and sides for a bit of privacy from the surrounding farmland and also add shade trees throughout the property, some groupings and some single specimen trees for a more natural look. My goal is to add interest so it looks park-like. I figure I should start with the trees and then add shrubs and perennials as the next step after the trees, another season. It will be a steady work in progress.

I am looking for suggestions for trees and also I'm wondering where do I look to find info on how to plan this out? I looked up some photos to get ideas but I only got so far. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments (8)