SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kussmaul95

Hardwood floor advice needed!!

Bridget P
6 years ago

I just moved into a new house and am going to have hardwood floors put down everywhere except for the kitchen. The choices are overwhelming! I know that I want Oak (leaning towards European Oak) but am struggling to determine the color. Initially, I thought darker floors, but now do not think that will be a good choice. The back half of my house is pretty dark and shaded (covered patio and huge trees). I am afraid that would make it pretty cave-like. I have attached some pictures. The living/dining room (currently has the light carpet) is at the front of the house and gets a fair amount of light. I have an orange loveseat that will also go in that room. The family (room with the tile/rug with circles) is in the back and is dark. The purple couch is being replaced with a green one (similar in shade to the greenish chair with the circles). It opens to the kitchen the current tile will stay (picture showing the color of kitchen floor). All of my furniture is darker wood.

So now I think I need to go light for the floors, but am not sure what color. I hate a yellowish tone. I do like a lighter greyish tone, but am not sure that will go with my furniture/kitchen floors. Any suggestions are very appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (4)