SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_slamm

Sometimes you just have to laugh

agmss15
6 years ago

Or else you will cry..

Almost every evening I walk my dog JoeBear for a walk up the back road I live on. He usually trots ahead of me on a long lead - and wrestles whichever cat(s) joins us. Last night I was tired and dirty from a day at the shop - distracted thinking about a bath and bed.

Joe was ahead of me - started playing with a cat - which I suddenly realized was an very pale (not my) cat. It resolved itself quickly into an adorable distressed SKUNK. Crapola!

Luckily it was a fairly mild hit - though I think he got it in one eye and his face. Poor boy! I took the him home - the cats ran away from us in horror. I looked up a concoction to wash him with (dawn peroxide and baking soda). Sudsed him up a couple of times - rinsed and rerinsed. He is squeaky clean and almost stink free.

I put his collar, jacket, the towels, my clothes into the washer and went off to bed. However I didn't hook the washer drain to my sink properly - so I had some leakage in my sink cabinet. It could have been worse. I cleaned up the totes that I store cleaning products in - I need to leave the doors open overnight and put a fan on...

It was a gorgeous breezy sunny morning today - so I hung my laundry outside. Hoping any lingering odor would get a chance to dissipate.

Went about my day. I built a raised bed - started to fill it with leaves, old potting soil and compost. And the skies opened up - I mean it poured.

So now my laundry is wetter than it came out of the washer, my raised bed isn't done, and my dog and porch have a whiff of skunkiness about them....

Time for tea ☕️ and cookies !

Comments (10)