SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flatcoat2004

Sometimes you just gotta laugh ....

flatcoat2004
16 years ago

Oh my, I haven't laughed so hard in an awfully long time.

This morning my crew turned up (rather unexpectedly) at 8am to continue tiling the bathroom. While they started working, the builder started asking me about the electrical finish, and told me that his electrician was available to do that this week (yay !). I told him that all the switches, dimmers, receptacles, GFIs etc were labelled and in a box in the dining room, and that the under- and over-cabinet lights were in the basement (all from Pegasus). Then he got a funny look on his face, and asked me how much I paid for those lights. I thought this was kind of an odd question, and couldn't remember an exact figure, so said let's go see them.

He had extracted what he thought was my cabinet lighting from the basement, and gently told me that he thought they weren't very good. Then he showed me ... my "newly purchased in the post-holiday sales" Christmas tree lights ! OMG I nearly died laughing. When I could speak, I told him that I paid about $20 for them and I was really glad that we had this conversation, otherwise I would have come home one day this week to find some REALLY INTERESTING lighting in my kitchen !

At least he saw the humour in it. I kinda want to see what he would have done with the net-style light that you drape over the tree, though .... starry starry ceiling maybe ?

LOL !

Comments (3)