SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kasielatimer

Needing advice for our side garden - Perth

kasielatimer
6 years ago

Hi all,

I really need some advice on what we can do to this garden that runs down the side of our house. It can be seen from our living room, as well as when we're entertaining outside obviously and it just looks awful.

Id really like it to look full, lush and tropical but I'm stuck on which plants to use. Id like some palms but other than than that i just really have no idea what else would look good there, or what can accompany palms. I'm unsure of which palms to use. Id like some ground cover as well so that when you look out from the living room you don't see just dirt.

I also think it would look better if it wasn't so raised, so maybe lowering it to ground level, or perhaps removing the limestone edging and just adding another layer of pavers so it sits just above the ground?

As it runs along the limestone dividing wall we're trying to hide that as much as possible. Ive thought of just removing it completely and putting the pavers back down but then it looks quite dull from inside. Or perhaps changing it so it doesn't run all the way along, but just two raised feature gardens between the pergola poles?

The area is shaded mostly although it gets about 2 hours sun in the afternoon. We've tried a few different things in there and nothing seems to do overly well. The Frangapanis have just been moved which is why their leaves are dropping. We currently have agapanthus and they haven't really been flourishing either.

(the empty garden in the background is being removed and we're going to put hedges which we already have in the other half of the yard.)

Thanks so much in advance

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor
More Discussions