SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paulsiu

Help: Injured Bat

paulsiu
6 years ago

While watering my plant on Sunday, I notice a bat in my yard. I am not sure what was wrong with it. I did dump some water nearby while it consumed. Not knowing what to do, I move it (using a really thick pair of welding gloves) into a cardboard box. and then put in some water a block of those dry meal worm they use for bird feeding. It appears to be consuming the block.

Today, I went to the pet store and try to give him some crickets, which turned out to be a disaster since all of the crickets crawled out. I did contact the wildlife rehab center, but I am told that by IL law, they cannot offer any advise and can only offer to euthanize the animal.

The bat's wings do not appear to be broken and I am hoping that it will get better eventually and fly out. Any suggestion on what to do? What do I feed bats any way? It appears to be a little brown bat. Frankly, I didn't even know there were bats in my area (I live in Northwest Suburb of Chicago), unlike my previous residence, I never seem them flying around at night.

Paul

Comments (2)