SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kat_in_va

DESPERATE -- Help needed for out of town boyfriend's injured aloe

kat_in_va
13 years ago

Hi. Sorry to post without searching the forums, but I'm desperate to help some plants I injured this morning and I have no idea how much time I have before they are unable to be rescued:

My boyfriend keeps several gigantic aloe in our apartment. He keeps them in slightly tapered-bottom plastic pots (that may be a bit too small for the plants at this point.) One of the plants in particular is off balance in the pot and has fallen over countless times. My boyfriend always fixes it.

A few minutes ago, it fell over, some of the soil fell out and the roots pretty much came completely out of the soil. Of course he's out of town and I have no idea how to care for this plant. This is what I'm thinking my plan should be: I'll go to the gardening store, get potting mix, sand, gravel and a larger pot, repot the main plant in the new pot and re-pot the one or two offshoots in the old pot. Any guidance you could give so that I can successfully perform aloe surgery would be greatly appreciated. One final note I'd like to add is that he raised these aloe in a high rise apartment with tons of windows and sun. About 4 months ago we moved apartments to an apartment that gets much less direct sunlight and is much colder. These aloe plants are already not doing very well and are probably pretty weak. :(

Comments (7)