SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tracy_k95

Everything DIED....gone. Help?!

Tracy K
3 years ago

Hello Plant Universe.....
I want...I need your help ....please. Hoping that this place is what I have been looking for. Lengthy post but horrific story.
I just found is site/forum from going down the rabbit hole of online searches 😑 brainstorming creative (cheap/free) ways to get plants, seeds, equipment/supplies ect. I desperately NEED to start rebuilding my indoor garden I started 6yrs ago and other plants that I’ve had longer than that. I say need because I’m heartbroken, depressed, and honestly lost missing this huge part of my normal daily routine & in my life. Like it’s my thing lol. Here it is:
All of indoor thriving healthy mature plants all died. When I say I had a huge indoor garden I mean I grew in containers, hydroponics, I had a solar set up to run grow lights, different stations that covered my whole basement. As well as I had my normal house plants throughout the rest of the house. After moving into a new house that I thought was my dream house. About a month later slowly but steadily everything died over six month period. Everything. I noticed my hydroponics we’re not doing good or normally I would say and I contributed this to the move and resetting up. I could not figure it out so I would start over and was using the trial and error method to figure out what they needed. During that time my kids and I were not feeling well -having medical issues. I developed quick onsite alopecia, and lost most of my hair on the right side of my head. A few months into it I gave up on my hydroponics and decided to just take a break on it for a little while. A few more months later the last to die where my violets and my beautiful cherished amazing Redwoods. Are used to live on the West Coast and try to go out there every year and I’ve brought back the two different kinds of redwoods the giant sequoia and the coastal redwood. I always used to joke that I would be so mad if my great great grandchildren killed them off. My is what did it for me and I remember laying on my bed and crying I mean bawling like morning my plants morning my trees and asking my boyfriend what I was doing wrong what I could not figure it out why. why? why? I called my mother and I just unloaded to her and I cried at night felt bad like I was like bad plant parent. I don’t know if anyone has experience something like this but that’s what it felt like it was a very big deal for me. A month later after my landlords tried to illegally evict me bye conspiring with the cities building inspector who “condemn” my home And making me and the kids leave with no notice with none of our stuff. Pretty wild huh? My landlords and the building inspector did this after I found a mold issue in the house and the landlords just wanted to throw some drywall up over it and I insisted that more needed to be done is I have a house looked at and two estimates done. After figuring out that the building inspector in my landlords were actually friends from reviewing video of the cameras that I have in my home which showed them in my kitchen literally talking about all this and coming up with a plan to lie and deceive me. Long story short I ended up calling law-enforcement and the building inspector was charged with acting in the color of law arrest and seizure without due process. The house was tested twice by two different mold testing companies I bought the city and myself and it turns out that my landlords bought the house with extreme mold damage when I say extreme I mean all the walls were covered in black mold and they put in false walls and full ceiling and just dry walled over it. Out of 1000 species of mold there’s actually only about five that are the true blue toxic black mold. That house and not just one but three out of the five throughout the house and the chimney was coming in it was so bad. This explain my hair loss and that’s explained like everything died in that house. I had a total loss everything. Including all of my equipment-supplies-seeds-everything. My kids and I were left homeless and renters insurance wouldn’t cover it because it was mold and the owners insurance turned it down because mold and obviously the details & owners actions. It’s been hard, then on top of that dealing with all that, not having my plants ease what I coping with. Growing anything been my sanity and my whole life. The small town that I live in and my neighbors I have been amazing I actually ended up in the house right across the street as one of my neighbors also on that house and I have been sitting empty since her aunt passed away. However.... I ended up losing my job I’ve been out for six years from missing too much work while all that was going on. Then my mom had a sudden of your brain aneurysm in October..... she died in my arms. After taking care of her affairs I started working again in December. But I completely depleted my savings and spending the rest on necessities rebuilding. This is in a poor me story I was raised to have a better attitude than that. In fact this is a profession of me rising through all lives hardships and heartbreaks. Every time I see a homeless person or people on the side of the street with a sign looking for help I can honestly say every time I stopped and eat gave them even just a couple bucks. Sometimes people get after me and they don’t agree with it but I always say that someday I’m gonna need that back. The best sign I’ve ever seen was the sky playing the guitar couldn’t play a note sounded horrible but he was having a great time, long dreads, and had a sign that read HEY UNIVERSE - I REALLY NEED THAT $20 BACK! How simple. Honest. Hopeful.

Now I am humble enough to not try to profess all the good deeds I have done and karma I have out there. But I am willing to share my story and I am hopeful and rely on the blind faith I have that this post is me telling the universe that “ I need that $20 back” 💚 there is no way I can obviously replace everything that I had and I understand that it’s gonna take some time to rebuild create again. I don’t think I need to tell anyone on here how expensive it can get and what it takes to start whether it be hydroponics or soil containers.
Would anyone be willing to help me rebuild or donate to my indoor garden & sanctuary? It’s a longshot but I know worth asking if anyone could send me some redwoods. That’s only specific thing I am wanting other than that I’m not picky I will grow anything and everything I will love them and cherish them and give them all a good life LOL. If you have any extra supplies or equipment you don’t understand how grateful I would be and how much I would make use of it.
Again I just found this site and I think I have an idea of how this works there but not sure if there are certain rules or how I would go about that. I’m genuinely curious to see if I get any responses or anyone sees this.

• cherish everything that you grow you could be gone tomorrow*
    •thank you for time you gave reading my story•
    ~Tracy ~
    South Dakota

Comments (2)