SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_main85

Another floor plan feedback post

Sarah Main
6 years ago

I know, I'm asking for something really unique here - feedback on our floor plan! :) We got preliminary drawings a few weeks ago and made major changes, and so this plan is much closer to what we want. There are a few things we'll definitely be changing (the open play area for one - we need this to be a separate room), and dimensions will be altered. We're still very early on in the design phase, so we have free reign to change anything at this point.

This will be on a slab, with full-height attic storage space above the main "rectangle" of the house, accessed by a stairway in the garage. We're in New England (central Maine). Lot is facing west, with farmlands/meadows across the street; wooded lot. Just about 2 acres.

We're a family of three - my husband and I and our 2-year old son; not having any more kids. My husband has AS and we are planning on being in this house for a very long time, so accessibility is a point of interest for us, which is the major reason we're going for a one-story house.

Any suggestions to increase efficient use of space?

We wanted the playroom to be more central to the public living spaces, but I'm not sure what can be done to reconfigure the layout and still keep the entry area the way it is.

I also wanted to fit a makeup vanity in the master suite area somewhere - this I forgot to bring up to our architect at our recent meeting.

I have elevations as well, but I don't have the file for those images right now. I'm hoping that I can upload those later today.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths