SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scottiem13

Viking Electric Oven - Anyone Happy? (27" Oven needed)

scottiem13
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi Everyone,
I am moving into a new house in a few weeks and one thing I'd like to do is a smallish kitchen remodel. One issue is there is currently a 27" GE combo wall oven installed. It looks like it's 11 or so years old.

I went to a store today to see some of what is out there. This store also carries some high end brands, such as Viking, Wolf, Miele, Thermador, Dacor.. They also had all of the standard stuff too. However, I was struck by the feel between the high end brands and the normal brands. The high end stuff feels so solid compared to the normal consumer brands.

After some research, it looks like the choices are somewhat limited in 27" widths. The Viking felt especially solid. The marketing on the Viking has my interested piqued, too. The Gormet-Glo broiler seems awesome (has anyone used it that can speak to it's effectiveness?). It seems like many people are many posts mentioning reliability issues with Viking. However, looking at the dates, they seem years old. Does anyone have any more up-to-date information about Viking, especially their ovens?

Other brands available in 27" (not exhaustive, I'm still trying to come up with a complete list), Viking, KitchenAid, GE/GE Profile, Monogram, Thermador, Whirlpool, Electrolux.
I'm honestly still in the research phase, so nothing is anywhere near final. Just curios if I should write off the Viking, even though it made a very good first impression.

Comments (2)