SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paarlberg

Considering Viking electric range or cooktop and double oven

paarlberg
10 years ago

We are at the point of making the final decision on the appliances so our cabinet maker can start his part.

We are all electric, so gas is not an option.

So far we are doing the following:

Sub-zero 601R and 601F - we found in a kitchen design company, new never used or plugged in with full warranty. Paid $4k for the pair.

Bosch dishwasher, built-in model

As far as cooking, we haven't made a decision yet. I do most of the cooking in the house, so I want a lot of cooktop and double convection ovens. I have been looking at several brands, but viking seems to be the one I come back to. The style is not modern, but more classic like our home will be.

VESC5304BSS is an option from a dealer I have been working with can get a great price for an OTC unit. They can actually get 2 of them at a great price. The D3 series is something I have considered as well, styling is more towards the modern style, but still classic enough (compared to most brands).

My thought was to possibly get a pair of VESC5304BSS or D3 series and put them side by side, that would give the double oven and 8 cooktop elements in a 60" footprint. The wall it will be on is 10' long, so we would have

30" cabinet, 30" range, 30" range, 30" cabinet

I think that would look great along the wall.

Being all electric limits our options, and there are no 36" electric ranges that I care for. The only way to get 36" of cooking is a separate cooktop and double oven, but that might eat up too much space on the 10' wall. Although, the viking pro series electric cooktop matches our style, so it is an option.

Any thoughts?

This post was edited by paarlberg on Sun, May 12, 13 at 12:19

Comments (15)