SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vanessa_martocchio

Help me to fill a void

Nessdizzle Formally 6a, now 9b Central Florida
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi so I had a maple tree removed and planted a crab apple as you can see in pic. I will be removing the rest of the grass and weeds that are in the smaller mulch bed to left, and putting down fresh mulch everywhere. My problem is, I had to plant the crab apple a lot more forward than I would've liked due to the tree guy telling me I need to plant at least 6' away from where the old tree was. So I did...but by doing so there is a huge void behind the crab? I planted a Gelsemium sempervirens ‘Margarita’ vine in the corner of the fence on each side so it will hopefully blanket that fence to camouflage it. But I was looking for idea on what to do behind the tree so it doesn't have this big awkward space because we're gonna make it all mulch only due to not wanting to deal with mowing a small patch around the mulch bed, and thought it might look 'off' so should I plant a shrub back on the corner...flowers...don't plant anything and use some type of garden decor? Please help, need ideas!! Hahaha

Comments (5)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm