SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caligirl555

Kitchen is so plain, please help me with hardware

6 years ago

Hey everyone! Kitchen in my 1915 bungalow is crawling towards completion, and I'm not in love with my drawers. I thought it would be cool and period-appropriate to do slab partial overlay drawers and inset doors, but the drawers look very plain and now I know why people don't do this.

For hardware, I was planning to do pulls for lowers and high-use cabinets and latches on less-used cabinets ("high" uppers, above the range hood, etc.).

Now I'm wondering if I should do something different to help dress it up? All the drawer bases are 24" and these drawer pulls come in either 3 5/8" or 4 1/8".

• Should I find something longer? I know people here recommend 1/3 of the drawer length, but 8" pulls seem too modern
  • Would bin pulls be better?
  • What about 2 pulls or 2 knobs per drawer? 24" drawer seems a bit small for that
  • A different color? I have a chrome faucet, stainless appliances, antique brass door/window hardware, combo of antique copper and ORB light fixtures. I tend towards ORB to contrast with the lighter wood, but not sure if something shiny would be better.
  • Other ideas I haven't considered?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022