SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robert_brown97100

New House = New Kitchen = Gotta Make the Range Fit!

Robert Brown
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello All,

Wife and I bought out first (and probably only home). Therefore, we have no problem going all out with the kitchen in terms of the gas range and hood as we are both huge cooks.

The kitchen isn't massive so I wanted to come here for some help and share my thoughts. We will be putting in a 36" Blue Star RNB with 6 burners and at least a 36" hood. At first we were going to just replace the current range, but after more consideration, it seems that having it at the end of the counter next to a doorway isn't the best idea.

The range is going to be on the interior wall and we are going to remove all of the cabinets. We're currently thinking, from left to right, have 12 inches of counter, then the 36 inch range, and then 24 inches of counter space. I'd put in a 42 inch hood so that we really don't need to worry about fumes and then my wife is thinking floating shelves on either side of the hood. I also have a 24 inch wide, 18 inch deep cutting board, but as the counter space would be 24 inches, I don't think it would go there, that close to the range. Either go 6 inches, 36 inch range, then 30 inches, or just put the cutting board to the left of the interior wall on the counter to the right of the sink.

Attached is a picture of how it currently looks.

Part of me wants to go big and put in a 48" Blue Star RNB, but that really takes away a lot of counter space.

Anyway, wanted to post here and see if I'm missing any other ideas. I really, really want to make a 36 inch range work and it looks like tearing out the cabinets is going to have to be how it gets done.

edit: that interior wall is 36" where the current stove is (doesn't quite fit the space) plus 36" of counter top = 72"

Comments (3)