SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acdc6869

What can you tell me about shingles?

Gigi Johnson
6 years ago

I have never been in so much pain! Originally I was misdiagnosed with a back sprain in the ER when I realized that I was not going to be able to stand the pain until morning. I left the ER with a prescription for muscle relaxers. I begged for something for pain but I have been told that due to the street drug crisis our ER doesn't dispense pain meds like they used to do. I understand their thoughts but it is certainly a disservice to those who do not abuse pain meds and truly need something. I went to my doctor 2 days later and was diagnosed with shingles. This is definitely the right diagnosis. Has anyone here had shingles? I am suffering horribly. Any hints on how to deal with this? I had the vaccination so I was told it would have been worse if I hadn't had it. Googling told me the pain could last 2 weeks, 2 months, or 2 years. What??? Please share and experience you have had. BTW, my doctor said to rid myself of any stress. My husband is an ALZ patient so that's not going to happen.

Comments (32)