SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hiddenacres32

Help with color scheme

Anne
6 years ago

I don't have pictures right now, we are in turmoil at the moment....picture a fairly big old farm house with additions that now has most of it's furniture in a few rooms after a water issue.

Our home is a late 1700 farm home with 1950 addition.

We have existing furniture and tile, etc. that dictates a warm color scheme. Most of our tile has an orange tint( terracottaish) .

We want to go in the khaki, burnt orange or burgundy tones with white trim of some type. I want a pop of color too, can I add in a little tourquise and eggplant if i go with the orange issue? I might not be describing the orange correctly.

Even though it is a farmhouse we are trying to go transitional. It all is revolving around our FR furniture which we cannot replace right now. It is high quality transitional sofa and chair and a half in what I would describe as a chenille looking upholstery in beige, a leather chair with nail heads (weathered, dark leather) and mixed woods.

Want to nail down a color scheme so we can start on the bedrooms as our Master is first and we might have more kids coming home, so want to start on the BR's and will be taking this time to also repaint and refloor the entire home.

Comments (25)