SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
srb2398061

A bittersweet day...

Anglophilia
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Today, was the funeral of a friend. This friend was also the father of one of DD's closest childhood friends. He was a retired doctor who had dementia and had deteriorated significantly, so his passing was a blessing in some ways.

When I got to the church (our church also) there was an entire pew filled with DD and 5 other friends. This was her "gang" from when we moved here when she was 12. Did I mention that they all either have, or are about to turn 45? They have been in one another's weddings and many are also godparents to one another's children. Two live a long distance away, but there they all were - there to support their friend and pay respect to a man who was like a favorite uncle to them all.

It truly brought tears to my eyes to see them all together again. They keep in touch but are very busy with children and two with demanding jobs. Three have now lost a parent - DD was the first to do so nearly 12 yrs ago. What a very special relationship these " girls" have - and yes, to me they will always be "the girls".

How blessed they have always been to have the one another. Doesn't happen nearly often enough these days.

Comments (9)