SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

If you were on the old Garden Web, what was your 'name' there?

I had a wonderful surprise last night, when I got a message from a person who used to post on the 'old Garden Web' and we learned so much from him.

He has popped in here to see who he might recall, but only saw a few familiar names from the original Garden Web days. If you're an 'original Garden Webber', and changed your 'name' when you came to Houzz, would you list your old name here? If he pops in here occasionally, we're going to be VERY happy!

Comments (86)

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    6 years ago

Magnaverde! Yay! Come and visit with us again. I joined around 2002 as leahcate . Have not posted often for a year or so, but lurk a lot, and occasionally think of missed posters.....too many. Come back y'all! :)

marti

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked martinca_gw sunset zone 24
  • Laurie
    6 years ago

My name (when I joined in 2008) was laurie_2008. It's been shortened to Laurie.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked Laurie
  • Related Discussions

What were your best garden bargains in 2004?

Q

Comments (13)
    hi everyone..been on GW for a while..but this is the first time I've visited here...and look forward to becoming more neighborly! My best bargains this year: 100 hundred hostas for a buck a piece..from Gilbert Wild Co. 150 irises...thought there were only a few in an old bed on the property...suprize! 100 daylilies...also dug up from same bed! It was too overgrown to see them! I thought these two "bargains" terrific, DH gave me that "WHAT? another bed!" look LOL Silver Lace Vine...$7, but it was very spindly..keeping fingers crossed. Woodsy
    ...See More

Posting Your Pictures Here On Garden Web Forums

Q

Comments (19)
    You're welcome, I'm sorry it's not working for you. It shouldn't make a difference but what browser are you using? I use IE for GW and Firefox for most everything else. Can you make another post and include a link to one of your pictures that you would like to post and I'll give a try and see if I can see what's happening? Greg Southern Nevada
    ...See More

GardenWeb needs your feedback!

Q

Comments (88)
    I've made this suggestion in the past, but I still think it's a valid one (although not to me at this point in my life). When we are on the main page of the cooking forum, there is a link for related forums. I think if "kitchens" was considered related and you could navigate back and forth with the two forums, that would make life easier for many people. Many people migrate from "kitchens" to "cooking" and still go back to give advice once their new kitchen is done. Also, I think it would be helpful if a thread indicated if anybody posted to it since you last visited. I know the new email notification helps that now, but there may be a thread that I am following but haven't added my two cents yet; however I would still like to know others' contributions. On the Pinterest/FB issue, I am totally addicted to Pinterest. I use it for many things, including recipes. However, I use a completely different identity because I don't want to connect it to FB. None of my friends or family need to know I just copy others' ideas and I'm really not that creative ;) I have posted so much personal information on here at a very difficult time in my life. I knew it would always be out there for the world, but it wasn't something my friends/family could easily stumble upon, so I was a little more free with my thoughts. I think of the conversation side of this as a place to b*tch out my sister when I'm mad at her or just cry with my cyber friends. I don't want that to link up to FB. Those are some of the people I'm b*tching about or am mad at. ;)
    ...See More

Need help accessing my registration info on the old garden web

Q

Comments (3)
    If you like you can also choose a profile name that's different from your user name. If you go to Your Houzz on the upper right hand corner of the screen and click on Edit Profile you can type in a name in the FIRST name box below the USER name section. USER name is your login; FIRST name will be what shows up when you post.
    ...See More
  • justretired
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I have always been justretired. Check in every day but rarely post. Loved Magnaverde's wisdom. Edited to add that I joined in 2007 when I was really just retired!

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked justretired
  • lizbeth-gardener
    6 years ago

I believe I joined GW in 2008 or 2009-same name. I really enjoyed/learned from Magnaverde's posts. I would love to see him start posting again!

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked lizbeth-gardener
  • Jeannine
    6 years ago

Mine was my name with some numbers after it.

i made a Houzz account the day they launched the site, just in case it became big. This might be the only website where I have me real name, plain and simple.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked Jeannine
  • juddgirl2
    6 years ago

I was juddgirl2 and believe I joined GW in 2001-2002 when we started remodeling our former home. Mostly on this board but later posted a bit in kitchens/bath.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked juddgirl2
  • Sister Sunnie
    6 years ago

same name, still here

sistersunnie

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked Sister Sunnie
  • dedtired
    6 years ago

Almost always Dedtired, except for a brief stint as Emiceekayeewhy when Spike sent me to the teacups and I had to register under another name. I used to post on Kitchens and Baths (they were lumped together) and Cooking. When Cooking lost its Conversations side, I came here, also because I am interested in decorating! I think Magnaverde left shortly after I came over here, since I don't remember many of his posts.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked dedtired
  • mrrogerscardigan
    6 years ago

I've been lurking and sporadically posting on this forum since probably 1999 or so. My name back then was zuzuspetals. I remember Magnaverde's posts; they were wonderful. Come back, Magnaverde!

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked mrrogerscardigan
  • dgranara
    6 years ago

Zuzuspetals! I remember one of your rooms (with the four chairs)! I loved that room so much.

I used to be danielleg. I guess I had to change my name when houzz took over. I lurked for a long time before I posted. I remember lurking throughout my pregnancies. My oldest turns 12 in a few weeks!

Those were the days...

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked dgranara
  • DLM2000-GW
    6 years ago

dgranara that room launched a thousand dreams including mine! Saved it forever ago.

zuzu/mrrogerscardigan it's so nice to know that's you behind that new name!!! This still makes me smile.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked DLM2000-GW
  • Boopadaboo
    6 years ago

still one of my all time favorite rooms! I think there was another version with something else over the fireplace. :)

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked Boopadaboo
  • Bluebell66
    6 years ago

I have been here since 2000, but changed my name before the move to Gardenweb because it was too identifying. I'm trying to be a bit more incognito than I was originally, as a busybody extended relative found me here and wouldn't stop bugging me about a few topics I posted about.

I also enjoyed Mag's posts, and I, too, saved copy the zuzupetals room shown above. It is one of my all time favorites, and I still look at it now and then. I'm glad you're still here mrrogerscardigan. ;)

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked Bluebell66
  • mrrogerscardigan
    6 years ago

Gosh, that's so kind of you guys! How odd to see my old living room reappear out of nowhere. It's been probably ten years or more since I posted that photo.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked mrrogerscardigan
  • caminnc
    6 years ago

I think my name is the same. Would love a visit from Magnaverde. Did ya'll know Candace Olson use to own this website?

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked caminnc
  • miracx
    6 years ago

I joined the Kitchen forum back in 2008 but I don't remember my username! White kitchens with soapstone and marble ruled the day, but I remember admiring one woman's quirky but beautiful kitchen in Alaska. Admittedly I was never very active on this site...but I do like to check in here when I'm involved in a reno project.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked miracx
  • Fori
    6 years ago

i'll never tell.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked Fori
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    6 years ago

My favorite era was with 3grad, jonmari and .......uhhh? So many I hazily remember but can't recall their names anymore.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
  • blubird
    6 years ago

miracx, I think you're referring to Igloochick's kitchens. (yes, plural) Her mom was on these boards as well. As ever...blubird.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked blubird
  • blubird
    6 years ago

miracx, I think you're referring to Igloochick's kitchens. (yes, plural) Her mom was on these boards as well. As ever...blubird.

• litasart
    6 years ago

I visit this site just about every day, although I don't post a lot. My old user name was southernlita - for girl in the south. I remember Magnaverde and many more. Feels like family and a homecoming if he joins us again!

Litasart

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked litasart
  • robo (z6a)
    6 years ago

I joined post magnaverde as robotropolis but I have read many of his threads. Always interesting! :)

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked robo (z6a)
  • powermuffin
    6 years ago

Same name since iVillage days. There are lots of people I miss, including Magnaverde. Liz is another one - she is so good at furniture placement.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked powermuffin
  • Peppapoodle
    6 years ago

I was scoobyruby on the old forum. Been around off and on since 2005- I think? Love this forum & all the wonderful projects & advice.

I remember Les & teacats, too.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked Peppapoodle
  • Sueb20
    6 years ago

It's so fun when long-lost members reappear! I don't think I've changed my name. I think I've been here for at least 11 years, gasp, since I joined when we were renovating our kitchen.

I am also a fan of the famous Zuzus' living room! I think I even printed it and have it in a file somewhere. Had no idea mrrogers was zuzu! Do you still have that room, mrrogers?

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked Sueb20
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    6 years ago

I was on the Gardening side primarily, tho I regularly visited the crafts forums on ThatHomeSite, & the sustainability forum on the Nature site. My name has been the same all along, tho I added the state & zone thing after awhile.

There was a similar discussion not too long ago on another forum & I shared this link to the Wayback Machine @ the Internet Archive. Selected Gardenweb pages are preserved there for posterity. It goes back to 1996.

https://web.archive.org/web/19970601000000*/http://gardenweb.com

Many of the links on the pages are operable & you can get to That Home Site pages that way.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • LynnNM
    6 years ago

I am so glad that you've come back to us all once again, Magnaverde. Having heard so much about you and your decorating wisdom all these years, I'm hoping that you'll revisit us often. I, for one, am anxious to hear your opinions on various things. Welcome back!

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked LynnNM
  • fluffybutt
    6 years ago

Hi everyone, I was on the old Gardenweb decorating and gardening forums as Tryingtodecorate. I wonder how Patti Louise is doing, and there was someone who sent me some seeds once but I can't remember her name!

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked fluffybutt
  • neetsiepie
    6 years ago

I actually started back on GW in the early 90's-way back before the having to pay. I was actually Neetsie back then, but some blip came up and I had to re-register as Pesky, then Pesky1 when it when to THS. I hung with a group that was originally dedicated to garden décor, transmorfigated to Garden Junk, but then that turned in to something really, really junky and I migrated to Home Decorating. I think I was trying to do some project or another and was looking for advice.

When GW came to Houzz it signed me in under my Houzz name-Neetsie. I feel like I've been with GW forever.

I don't post much on this side of the forum, mainly because it's too tempting to want to redo and redecorate! But we're going to reno a bathroom soon and I know I'm going to need some help with colors and ideas.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked neetsiepie
  • dedtired
    6 years ago

Magnaverde, what a nice response. People come and go around here so I never felt slighted that you left right after I arrived. Glad you are back. You certainly seem well liked among the longtimers.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked dedtired
  • OutsidePlaying
    6 years ago

Welcome back. Although I missed the heyday of your presence here on this forum, I have heard and read many posts after joining in here. I can't even remember when I joined GW but it was probably around the late 90's early 2000 time when I was developing gardens around our new house.

There was a very talented Landscape Architect or Landscape Designer named Michelle (can't recall her screen name) from the SF area who participated a lot and then dropped out. She was self-named a garden duh-signer. Do you recall her? She was so helpful on the Garden Design forum around that time but left to further build her business.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked OutsidePlaying
  • stu2900
    6 years ago

I've been on GW off and on since I think about 2004. My name was sjt2900. I found this site when we were remodeling our kitchen and a bathroom. I learned so much from the people here. I would read Magnaverde's posts and look at his photos with awe! We're remodeling again on a much larger scale than ever before.and I was so glad to see some familiar names. What most impresses me about this forum is the amount of time people give to help others.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked stu2900
  • Janet
    6 years ago

I'm another from the old days. I was here in the Spike era and all the changes since. I am a bit shy about posting but am very loyal to the kitchen, appliances, home building and decorating forums especially. My name has always been pheasantfarmer.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked Janet
  • matthias_lang
    6 years ago

mrrogerscardigan / zuzuspetals! I never did post here until in the last couple years, but I go all the way back to the beginning of this forum. That room of yours is like part of my psyche. It is just so, so, right. I have it saved in the two versions-- the one above, plus the one with the painting in place of the mirror. I have no other room interiors whatsoever saved. It holds up after all these years; every element of it holds up.

I, too, much appreciate Magnaverde.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked matthias_lang
  • Arapaho-Rd
    6 years ago

I've had the same name, Arapaho since 2004. It's always heartwarming to see "old" names reappear. Welcome back, Magnaverde. The old GW was wonderful, even with all of it's shortcomings.

Zuzu.....that room is forever etched in my memory as an all-time favorite.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked Arapaho-Rd
  • oldbat2be
    6 years ago

dedtired - Emiceekayeewhy - That is hysterical!!

edited to add that hollysprings is now SophieWheeler

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked oldbat2be
  • Andee
    6 years ago

I've always been Andee. I've been away for awhile, and it's good to see some familiar names!

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked Andee
  • Houseofsticks
    6 years ago

I was here back before the pay program. I can't remember my old name.. I've had this one since 2008ish.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked Houseofsticks
  • jaybird
    6 years ago

My old and new name is Jaybird, or Jaybird TX...

I learned so much from Magnaverde, ChiJim, and so many others. I still quote (to myself) one lady who always said her best "tip" was "take it to it". When doing something around the house, you can save many steps by taking an item with you as you go!!

I have been in and out around these parts since 1999-ish.

Good to see you all and My3dogs, I am still checking out pictures of your home and getting new ideas each time. I do have to admit to thinking of you as BrittanyDogsMom :^)

Blessings to all,

J

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked jaybird
  • okmoreh NYS z5b
    6 years ago

If it worked, I've just changed my display name to what it was on Gardenweb.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked okmoreh NYS z5b
  • teeda
    6 years ago

I was originally Teeda2006, based on the year I joined. Wow, can't believe I've been visiting this board for 11 years! I always loved Magnaverde's style and posts. So glad you're back!

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked teeda
  • msmagoo
    6 years ago

My name is the same...don't post much anymore though. I remember when the fee was instituted too. Msmagoo.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked msmagoo
  • Hopeful Homeowner
    6 years ago

It's been so long since I've been on GW, I can't even remember my name there. I was on the original GW quite often back in the day.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked Hopeful Homeowner
  • joe LeGrand
    3 years ago

Mine is the same as now, I do miss the old site!

• Puri Monsta
    2 years ago

Rozaholic I think was the name I used then, I really miss all the old Garden Web forum chats, learned so much from others & still am growing roses I was given by some at a Long Island rose party, don't remember what year!

• Veda Zuponcic
    2 years ago

Still am Vedazu. Miss Garden Web, too. Seemed much easier to find information. I'm ready to start re-decorating some spaces, after many years, but will have to figure out the new formats. The Kitchen Forum was a post-graduate education!

• cupofkindnessgw
    2 years ago

I was Cupofkindness on THS and the gardenweb but thanks to Houzz I'm no Cupofkindnessgw. I've been around since 2003-2004. Things have changed in so many ways but I've got to admit, I do like seeing more professionals on board. I miss Clairedeluna and skatieroo, blazedog, monicam and TalleySue. The Kitchen Forum and Organizing the Home were such fun. I think it was helpful in the old days that posts "fell off" after a time, because now threads never die and there is more to sort through than humanly possible. The number of posts was capped too, these limits streamined the forums, imho.

• Debbie Klausing
    10 months ago

This has been interesting! I used to love surfing around on Gardenweb! I’m not very techy at all but I could do it. Houzz has been confusing a bit and sometimes I feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone. It’s exciting to see some of these names from way back! Definitely remember My3dogs, Palimpset, and Magnaverde for sure! Why do they mess with success? I’m not even sure what my user name was back then. Maybe Deborah 1950?
    A funny story. Several years ago I was at Home Depot researching ranges. I told the guy my 40” Kenmore Elite electric range story about how the oven hadn’t worked for a few years and I’d been told no parts available. (Everyone is now so tired of this story, including me). Anywa, he was on his computer and says, “Here’s somebody else with the same problem!”

• Debbie Klausing
    10 months ago

Well, I wasn’t through with my above story. I accidentally hit wrong key. Told you I am a tech mess!
    I leaned over to see what the guy was reading on his computer about my range. He was on the Houzz app reading about 40” ranges. The person that had posted the question on Houzz was ME! I just laughed. It was from @2015.
    Guess I’m either very patient or a terrible procrastinator. I do have more trouble as I get older with decisions because I don’t want to buy junk.
    I will add that the cooktop has worked fine and I do have an oven in my basement. I am tired of running up and down though. We are redoing the whole dang kitchen as soon as our cabinet guy can get to us.