SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandhill_farms

Posting Your Pictures Here On Garden Web Forums

sandhill_farms
13 years ago

I thought that I'd post a quick little tutorial on how to embed your pictures in your posts on the forums here at GW. I wish it could be a sticky note but that's not possible.

I feel that it's almost imperative to post pictures to assist in describing whatever problem you may be having with your plants. Everyday you read where someone writes something to the effect: "The leaves on my squash are turning brown, what could be the problem?" A picture would help those who are "trying to help you" identify what the problem could be.

Everyone today has a digital camera that they use to take snaps of their families - vacations - etc. To view them you most often download them to your computer so you already have half the battle won. To get them to the point of putting them here on GW is as follows:

First they must be uploaded to a photo hosting site. I use Photobucket as it's extremely simple and is free so I'll use them as an example. Once you sign-up and become a member you need to upload the pictures you want to post in to Photobucket. Create an album and assign it whatever name you want to call it, say "Garden." You'll see a button in the center of the screen called "Upload Images And Videos." Click on that button and a small window will open that has the contents of your computer in it. You want to go to wherever you keep your pictures and select the ones you want to post in GW. Then hit the "Open" button and the pictures will begin to upload to your album in Photobucket. Once they're there it's easy to put them in your post. Just go to the picture you want and hold your cursor over it. This will open a drop-down window below your picture that has various codes:

Email & IM

Direct Link

HTML Code

IMG Code

Highlight the HTML Code, press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard while you press the letter C. This cuts the HTML code that you need to put your picture in your post. Now go to the message you want to post in GW. Put your cursor in your message body where you want to place the picture. Now you want to Paste the HTML Code in your message. To do this you press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then hit the letter V. This will place the code in your message body. To check and see your picture push the "Preview Message" button and there it is.

So now you know how to post pictures in your posts on GW. If you're having a problem with your plants and want some help, go out and snap a picture or two. This will greatly help others who wish to help you and make sure that you're getting the most accurate help.

And if someone makes a post where pictures will help, remind them. If they say they don't know how, give them a link to this post.

I hope this helps all of you whom are trying to help others out in the future.

Greg

Southern Nevada

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!