SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hapinesca

Feeling overwhelmed and exhausted

Anna Cunningham
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I am a mother of a toddler and she needs a lot of attention, doctor's visits, I take her to some classes and usual drive is 30 min one way She is very demanding and clingy. My first daughter is 16, in high school and needs me driving her and picking her up daily from sports. I cook dinners every day, I clean, etc. I am trying to work out, which takes 40 minutes a day, I am trying but it does not happen on a schedule.

We also moved to a farm house and going through renovations, A LOT OF yard work, dealing with some irresponsible contractors. My husband is busy at work, and I am responsibly for managing the property.

We also have chickens, which my toddler loves and it keeps her busy, so I can do some work.

I started and since abandoned the garden, planted some fruit trees that need care, we have a dog that needs training, and my part time helper just left since he just found a job that would pay for his college.

Besides I am trying to do some repairs by myself, and that involves fixing chicken coop, making a flower bed, some curtain sowing, some wood refinishing.

We can hire some help here and there, but believe it or not, it is hard to find a responsible person, it take long time.

So far I am out of the house driving 1/3 to 1/2 of the day, then making dinner, cleaning a bit, doing laundry, some work around the house, maybe paying with my toddler , and by then I am so exhausted that I fall asleep when putting her to bed.

I want to make something creative, a project, paint a picture, read a book, but there is no time.

I do not know where to begin to get out of all the responsibilities and make our lives easier. I am absolutely overwhelmed. If I had a choice, I would move into a mobile home, where there is nothing much to clean, and have another mobile home as a playroom.

I see those women blogging about the repairs and projects they are doing in their organized house with 5 kids, and I have no idea how they do it. Do their kids eat? Do they play with their kids? Most probably, but how do they do that?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm