SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
budbee

Island dilemma...Will this look odd?

budbee
6 years ago

Our pendant lights finally get installed today (yay!), but now I'm starting to panic. Here's the dilemma...At the moment, the island is square at 4x4, but when the counter is added, the surface will be 4'x5', with the overhang adding a foot to the end where the long bench in the pic currently sits. I've always seen pendants hung running the length of the island, (not the width, if that makes sense). Usually the seating runs the same way. I was planning on putting the seating (2 chairs) on the end where there's actually room to accommodate it best, with the 2 pendant lights running in that same direction. When we planned that out, we weren't thinking about the overhang changing the shape of the island, causing the the seating to now visually be on the "end" of the island. I'm ok with the seating there, but should we hang the pendants to run parallel to the seats? Or parallel to the island length? Or would it be odd to run the in opposite directions? PS, one of the pendants is sitting on the bench for reference. Help please! Thanks

Comment (1)