SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dockdog

Any suggestions for this master/bath floor plan?

dockdog
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We are building and have a couple of constraints- 1) We can't increase the width of the bedroom 2) We want the bed placement to remain the same as the view is toward the lake.

We are empty nesters and will retire here.

If anyone can figure out how to share the powder room with the master I would be forever grateful! I had planned on sharing the one toilet but still have the vanity in the master for our personal stuff. For guests there would still be a powder room. There is only one bedroom on this floor and downstairs has a full bath with a bedroom. We also have a garage with a 3/4 bath so plenty of toilets- would rather not have one more!

I am not sure about the shower/sink/toilet placement. The wall that the vanity is on is the only possibility for natural light.

The backside of the pony wall behind the bed will be a rather narrow dressing area. We are habitual "drapers" so I plan on having lots of hooks and a mirror there.

Not sure size or placement of bedroom wall window. I would want it for light rather than view- it is semi private.

Appreciate any suggestions!

Comments (10)