SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
llbpt

Monstera with brown spots and a spider

L B. (Brazil 10b/11a)
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi! I've had this Monstera for a couple of months and it was beautiful, but this week it started showing brown spots. If anyone could tell me what it could be I'd appreciate it.

The young leaves don't have any spots, just the big ones. I'm a bit concerned with it being too close to that gray lamp on the back of the first photo, I don't know...

It's in a organic subtract I bought at the garden center, mixed with orchid subtract and humus. I put pine bark on top as instructed by the guy at the garden center.

I wanted perlite but couldn't find it. Last week I did find it online and bought some, but I don't know if it's necessary to repot it because of that. Is it?

The plant is indoors, in my living room, and it receives only indirect light. The weather here is humid and it's been raining almost everyday for months. I use filtered water.

I noticed it has tiny black dots under some leaves, but they come off when I clean it with a cotton pad (There's also a dead bug there, I've just noticed).

There's a new leaf that's been there for a month (I think) but it hasn't unfurled. Is that normal?

Also, it has a tiny spider living between the stems. Is it harmful? Should I leave it or kill it?

I appreciate any help and tips! I'm a newbie who doesn't really know what to do.

Thanks!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES