SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
curryup

Do you have wood countertops on perimeter and granite on the island ?

7 years ago

Hello everyone,

After our last visit to the stone yard, DH and I realized we really like showy granite with lots of movement. For us the speckled granites do not work and I also dont like granites that reminded me of bacteria on a petri dish (used to be a biochemist in my past life !). Gave up on the crema bordeaux (too pink) and the white summit (too brown). Havent been able to locate shalimar. and the Typhoon bordeax slabs in the yard looked really boring - nothing like the pics I found online and on GW :(

Loved the magma golds and magma black (#1) and the Titanium (#3). Also liked the more subdued Juparana sierra (#2) although it may not go with our floor (see below). and the dolce vita for a light colored granite (is it really a granite ? #4)

Our new kitchen is a decent size 22X15 ', floor tile is a busy red/brown/orange and cannot be changed. The base cabines are maple or cherry, no uppers.

Sorry for the large floor tile pic (unable to resize).

Now, we are thinking of reversing our original idea : have an island with a dramatic granite and wooden maple countertops on the perimeter with maple or cherry base cabs. I think this will showcase the "showy" granite. and allow us to splurge on the island.

Anyone here done this ? and liked it ? Please share your thoughts or your experiences.

Many thanks !

Comment (1)