SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carol9999_gw

What would you do? Granite problem. Do I have any recourse?

carol9999
12 years ago

I had a granite fabricator put in my granite countertops about 2 1/2 years ago and I had purchased (back then) an additional piece that would be for my future island.... so they saved a piece of the granite slab and stored it for me....I called several times to remind them that I would still be needing it and they said don't worry about it...it would be safe there and many times people have their slabs there for a long time until they need it....as long as I paid for it, it is marked mine........ they finally brought me the island piece last week and it is not the same piece as mine....it may be the same "color", but it is obviously not from the same slab (noticeable)..... the owner is coming out here tomorrow to look at it...... I am afraid that they either lost or broke the piece and now I wont have a matching island.......... what can I expect from the granite company at this point? Do you think I can have them redo the entire countertop with a new and matching stone? I feel that they do not have the piece that I had purchased and now I cannot complete my kitchen.... What should I do. thanks.

Comments (23)