SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelly_garringer_maccabe

My money tree

Hi there,

I've had my bonsai money tree for over a year but it hasn't been looking too good for the past few months. I think I've been doing the wrong thing with it but I don't know exactly which "wrong thing" it is that's making the difference. In short, since about December, some of the leaves have looked unhealthy (and now all of the ones that are still intact are looking unhealthy) and everything I've found online seems to suggest my plant is either overwatered or underwatered, but I've tried watering less and tried watering more and the poor money tree just doesn't look any better. About 3 weeks ago, I had finally come to the conclusion that my tree was overwatered, but I had my friend (who tends to be pretty good with plants) look at it while I was away on vacation and she said it "had needed a good soaking and a little nutrition." The plant did seem slightly perkier when I returned but now it's been 2 weeks and the leaves have started to yellow slightly more and they've never uncurled completely. I can't tell what's up with this money tree, quite honestly. It may be an issue of watering, or perhaps it's receiving too much or too little sunlight. I live in Kentucky and keep my money tree indoors and in indirect late-morning, early afternoon light. The tree used to have 6 leaf stalks and is down to only 3 unhealthy ones now. There does seem to be a little bud growing on the very top, which is promising, so if there's any hope for my tree, I want to start doing the right things for it and maybe be able to salvage the new growth. Help! Any advice is welcome.

I'm including some pictures. The first 2 were taken 2-3 days ago and the other 2 were taken today.

Comments (2)

Sponsored