SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzettelane

Slope of Shower Stall Floor

Collis Meehan
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Floor to ceiling 2.5" x 16" tiles just installed in my master bathroom renovation. For the most part, tiler did a beautiful job. Except for this problem: tiler repeatedly asked me to raise the step going into shower stall -- from 3.25" as originally planned to 5.25" -- so he wouldn't have a sliver of tile on that side, to which I finally said "yes". When I stepped into the shower stall for the first time, I nearly fell backward because of the steep angle of the slope to the drain. The drain feels like its in a hole. I measured the slope and in 8 " from the shower stall step the tile slopes down 7/8". i can't imagine getting soap in my eyes and stepping on a "wrong" part of the shower stall floor. My husband and I are of retirement age and did this renovation to create a bathroom that would be easy and safe for us going forward. I know the contractor thinks I'm picky and difficult and will push to keep this it as is, having mentioned he's a huge fan of a "generous slope" to keep away mildew when I told him about it. I don't know how we can live with this situation and enjoy this bathroom. Am I overreacting?

Comments (24)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm