SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
two25acres

Work at home jobs - how does one go about it?

two25acres
7 years ago

I'm currently working, have been in the insurance industry for 20 years. My current boss has one foot out the door towards retirement and I know I need to prepare. He's already asked me if I would want to buy the agency, I don't want to do that. I'm 56 this year and I don't want to work 6-7 days a week nor do I have the necessary cash flow to do so. I'm trying to prepare for what is coming in a year or so. Having been unemployed for 08/2015 to 03/2016 and searching for a job I'm not looking forward to having to do it again but it's headed that way. I also have an 81 year old mother living with me, she's been able to care for herself for the most part but that could change. Whatever I do next I need some flexibility just in case. I've worked from home before, ran a customer service for a major water filtration company many years ago so discipline and organization are not a problem for me, those are actually strong suits of mine. I'd like to find something I can do from home just in case mom requires more from me. I figured now would be a good time to start learning something and preparing but I just can't figure out how to get into that kind of position. Any recommendations? The insurance I sell and service is auto, home, some life, umbrella's, motorcycle, etc. This is property and casualty but I'm also life licensed. No, I'm not interested in selling life insurance over the phone. I take life insurance very seriously and prefer to sell it on a face to face basis.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Comments (14)