SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1saxman

Neighbor Is A Lawnmower Killer

7 years ago

My neighbor. When I moved here in '94 he had a nice Lawn-Boy 'Gold' with 'F' engine. I knew something was up because it smoked bad. I had just bought a LB 10201 for mowing the tall cut slope in front and I had experience with LBs before, so I knew excessive oil smoke when I saw it. What I don't know is if he was using it on 'choke' or if he was using way too much oil in the gas, but it didn't take long before the muffler coked-up and it wouldn't run. Naturally he took it apart himself without a clue as to what he was doing, and ended up taking it to the lawnmower shop in a bag. That guy relieved him of the carcass and sold him a new 4-cycle mower. He actually had pretty good luck with that one. You may wonder why I didn't help him out - its impossible because he already knows everything. I tried, believe me, but he simply didn't believe what I was telling him. Anyway, he finally wore that mower out and got a new Toro. With maybe two summers on it, he blew it up the other day. He was cutting the cut slope, about a 35 degree slope - it puffed a couple of times and quit - locked up. I don't know if he ran it out of oil, if gas got into the oil because of the slope and that mixture locked it up or what happened. I didn't see it. But now he has a new 4WD Toro! I wonder how long it'll last?

Comments (9)