SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
param_a

Croton Petra Question

Param A
7 years ago

This is my Croton plant, named Royale. I picked it up from a local grocery store back in late January because it was the last one left and it looked as if it was on the verge of dying. I just instantly had a bond with it. It thankfully has not dropped any leaves. BUT IT HAS NOT GROWN. I water it when the soil looks completely dry, and then I wait two days to be extra sure. I fertilise with every other watering at half strength. It beginning to get a lot more light because of spring. If it is cloudy, I will turn on my plant light for a couple hours at night. The green leaves have also begun changing colours at the tips. I repotted last week. It is currently a terra cotta pot with Pro Mix cacti soil. I believe it loves it. My question was :

When will Royale sprout new leaves? It has been about three months and it has not really shown signs of growth (other than the colourings). The part where the leaves are supposed to sprout is green however. The big green leaf shown is the most recent leaf on it.

Thanks for your help!!

Comment