SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roxzn5

Help me transform this space using shrubs / hedge for privacy

Roxana *** ZN 5 Indianapolis IN ***
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi everyone, first time posting in this section, hubby and I are trying to transform this very VERY old house, he is doing the construction part and I am doing the landscape... we have 2 sections, both with full sun and no protection from wind in zone 5 central Indiana, mainly, both sections are the property line, we would like to have some sorta privacy during the summer months but also, we would like to have something that prunes well to keep it somewhat low... Ideally, we would like something that can go 6-8' tall and about 3-5' wide...check out the space...

In this first picture I am standing on my side of the property, I am about 5' away from the property line and I am looking north, that rose of sharon bush is going to go because is half dead ( it came with the house) and that vegetable box will be moved out. (Excuse the condition of the garage, it will be the last thing to get done)

This next pic is me looking towards the neighboors... wwwiiiidddeee open space :(

This is the other side of the yard... nobody leaves on that side but the owner keeps it somewhat clean, I really dislike this side because you can see the street and we have lots of walkers... some privacy will be nice!!! and by the way... those small line of bushes were my attempt to start something only to have them died this year, bad choice on my side because I bought wrong plants for my zone, they will be removed soon.

This is what my yard looks like overall, the view is from the neighboor (empty house) closer to the street... so you can see what people see when they walk down that street.

Any tips or ideas would be appreciate it!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor