SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

Powder room with dog theme just got its final touch (from France!)

My3dogs ME zone 5A
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Beagles and I were working on dog theme rooms at the same time without knowing it. My three 'kids' are very special to me, so I wanted to bring in a variety of dog items, starting with the beautiful Spode plates that a wonderful friend gave me for Christmas.

You've seen some of these before, but here is the crowning glory, from Perriers-en-Beauficel, France, a commune in the Manche ‘department’ in
Normandy. That’s from Wiki, where it says the population was 227 in 2006,
and it’s 3.59 sq. miles.

This is what it
says, if you’re not able to read it from the pics -

Content to lie at quiet ease

In fireside glow or sunny spot

Or scamper round

With joyous sound

To join the fun of those around

He’ll scratch the door

And whine for me

And go with me he cares not where.

Close-up - the small antique book is titled 'Naughty Puppies'. :-) The brass letter holder next to it is from from England. The brass bell on the leather strap was used by my late dad when he hunted with his Brittanys.

I bought my house in 1986, and 2 of my dogs are Brittanys, so this vintage mug was a huge find for me. Note also the brass dog with the duck in its mouth from Etsy.

Top of medicine cabinet

Spode plates, antique painting of a Brittany, brass dog bookends and antique porcelain lined humidor, engraved 'PRESENTED TO MR. & MRS. SIMPSON, BY HIS FELLOW WORKERS ON HIS RETIREMENT, DEC. 1921.'

Antique Terrier iron door stop that I've had for ages.

Needlepoint Brittany head that I have also had for a long time. So happy that my dogs are together!

Comments (28)