SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pickwickk9

Yes - another post on Marble! Seriously, I can't let go!

pickwickk9
7 years ago

Hi to all!

Oh yes, I've read all of the posts on how we must not have marble in our kitchen. We just MUST NOT! And it's true... it will etch, it will stain and at the end of the day will only be a mere image of its former polished, gleaming self.

But I love it.

I've poured over post after post of those with the same dilemma. The marble dilemma. The "I want it dilemma", "I'll take care of it" dilemma, the "I LOVE it" dilemma... but I know that we cook and we actually live in the house... so I know it will look positively a mess in just a few years, if not a few weeks.

So, then came the quartz, quartzite, the kinda sorta look of granite.... which, weeks and months late have left me with the following choices:

Gray Goose / Super White. Softer quartzite that still needs care.

Superlative. Have not decided what this is, but it seems fairly durable.

Colorquartz - Spyder. I've read mixed reviews on this product from China - but is it pretty.

Metroquartz - Statuario Bianco

My cabinets are white with pewter glaze (it really looks like a silver to dark silver). We have dark hardwood floors w/ a slight hint of gray.

Attached are photos of the slabs. I hope that photos of slabs assist those looking for a marble alternative - but I would also love to hear which one is your favorite.

Comments (13)