SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mariec_6a

Can this ZZ be saved?

mariec_6a
7 years ago

Hello everyone, I've had this zz plant for a little while and she hasn't been doing so great. Decided to repot it in 5-1-1 from the original soil she was given me with, but here is what I found when I digged in.. Not sure what it means but it doesn't seem to look good?

Many roots (such as on the very left on this picture) were very soft and flat (I removed them..)

This was at the very bottom of the pot, old stem with new growth?

This one is extremely "sticky" all over the stem and leaves. I tried to clean it over and over again but it doesn't go away. It's the only sticky one of them all. Ive looked daily if I were to see any bugs, but never did. When I digged in the pot today I did see at two intervals a tiny tiny bug moving in the dirt at the very bottom of the pot, but can't tell what it looked like because it got away each time and couldn't find it again.

There was a soft skin-like covering the hole and it pulled off when i was washing the dirt off and beneath is what seems to be a hole?

The balls are hard but doesn't seem to be looking so good..?

If anyone can kindly offer guidance that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Marie

Comments (2)