CXXII The Game for April (no joke!)
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (172)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Idyll #432: Springing toward April, no foolin'!
Comments (101)Ha! "Lugubrious" ! I had to look that one up! Chelone, you bring new words to my vocabulary frequently. LOL I like 'words' so that is good, and it rolls off the tongue nicely. ;-) When I got up this mornng I was more flexible than 'normal' (probably due to the 2 sessions of meds...one before bedtime, and one at 4 AM). As I was washing up before preparing breakfast, my mind went back to my childhood and how I greeted the morning with anticipation and joy. I recalled how , as a small girl, I would arise after mama was up, and slip out the side door to go around to the front door and knock! I don't think I did it very often [I hope not, :-)]. I don't recall mama getting upset at me, so it must not been very often. Anyhoo...how I would love to be able to greet the day with such a childish anticipation. Pm2, I accepted your announcement with no doubt that it was true. Such a thought never entered my mind. :-) Ah yes...I should have known it is a lupine. I love them but they will not grow here. I think it is because our soil is too acid. Ei was so kind in sending me a lot of her saved seed. They came up nicely, but soon expired without blooming. It sounds as though you have too many health woes to cope with, without having to be burdened with mine also! It is true....most everyone has their aches and pains....they are just differant, and (hopefully) not permanent. I guess I ought to check out my magnesium level? I do love nuts, but have to be careful how many and what kind I eat because of my gallbladder. :-( I have been known to tell my friends that I am defective merchandise, and need to be returned to the factory! Saucy, I wish I had had the presence of mind to use a fake email address for facebook. I guess I was just too gullible. I wish I knew how to eliminate all the trash email I am getting, without changing my address. As for using a phoney address, how would you know it wasn't someone else's? Since I am registered there, and am apparently stuck with it, maybe I ought to check it out. It apparently does have things of interest connected with it?? Tee hee, Marie, occasionally my bed has to wait to be made because Tommy is on it, but that is okay, I have become rather slack at getting to it anyway. That is a good looking group of kitties. The one in the middle looks a little annoyed. :-) I do not think I could tolerate a cat drooling in my ear! Tommy prefers to cuddle up to my back. I like that. Thank goodness, no skunks in our house, but Nolon used to see one in his shop. It was 'tame' and never a problem. Since Calliecat is gone there is no longer food out there, so no attraction for 'visitors'. Mary, thanks for your approval of linking. :-) I haven't checked out yours, but hope to soon. I love classical music, and have several albums. I had a bad bout with moths a few years ago. I did use the moth traps, and have been free of them for some time. I usually put flours and other foods that attract them in the freezer, but have not used that freezer since our icestorm. Fruit flies and tiny ants are what are plaguing me now. The fruit flies have not been bad so far this year. I make a trap for them, with cider vinegar in it. Kathy, sorry about your bad dream, and oversleeping, but happy that you got understanding from my links. As for moving my plants out, it will not be until the end of this month. I'd rather be late doing it than too early. It isn't likely Tim will be here at that time. Ha! I didn't think of Fred Flintstone or George Jetson....I thought of Star Trek. ( I was always a Star Trek fan.) We are awaiting another round of rain, with chilly weather. Poor Nolon may not be able to get to his wood cutting , and that is hard on both of us! Marian...See MoreNEW: Our Bloomin Friends - April Showers Bring May Flowers
Comments (110)i am having a lot of fun with this game. cindy and carol, on #2, i laughed so hard at your answers. i will say cindy's mind is working towards the real answer. i am wondering if anyone will ever get it. just think of all the actions a dentist does to prep you - well, at least my dentist does it (and dang, is he one good looking man !!!!) amy was the closest on #1 and then shirley answered it correctly. #3 i might take some liberties with, because several of you are close, but i guess it's tough if you don't know her name. i think i've only used it two or three times in previous posts. finally, someone got my shoe size. the right answer to 4 has been guessed and answered correctly twice today, although in different words. so now, 1, 4, 6, 7 and 10 have all been answered correctly. and carol, yes, the razor was a great gift and to this day, i still use the same kind. i'm starting a new post where partners will be assigned. i'll post this over there as well. maryanne...See MoreMNF April Showers Bring May Flowers #2
Comments (147)Becky, This has been such a wonderful time and experience with this MNF, you are such a wonderful and up to date host. a big hearty missouri "THANK YOU" and happy gardening and to all that gave and received I say to you enjoy all the "dirt therapy" that you can.Life is too short not to. I did receive my package from deborah.Will enjoy the three begonia's and the 2 vegetable seed packages. Thanks Deborah for a package that was well packed and the plants was planted that same day. My computer shot craps and going to have to buy another one is the reason I am so slow getting this out...See MoreDaily Support Mon. Mar. 28th t thru Sun. April 3rd
Comments (31)Happy April Fool's Day everyone. Hugs to everyone who needs them. We got here on Saturday & got everything unloaded Sunday. We got the truck taken back on Monday. I still have a few things to put up but for the most part, everything is in its place. It looks really nice. Here is the sad news. We took our furbabies to the vet yesterday. The oldest one, Lucy, has heartworms. We have to take her back on Monday to have them staged. We have had her a week today & have already had to pay out the wazoo for her. We love both the little ones. Just trying to figure out how we are going to afford the treatment. It is very, very sad & I wish I could say that this was an April Fool's joke but it isn't. Besh~I know how you feel. Dave tells everyone that it took us 10 years to even be able to consider having another dog after we had to give ours up when we moved to Florida. We were still crying every time we said their names. These 2 little ones have already brought us so much joy. If you or RAEANNE could let me know the best thing to pick up hair, I would appreciate it. Papillons are not supposed to shed but IDK if it is b/c of stress or b/c they weren't groomed properly or petted enough, they are shedding. Not as much now as they were a week ago!!! I cannot tell you how far they have come in a week. I'm so glad that Maddie got to do Rabbit, Rabbit. LOL I got Dave this morning. He has been winning a lot lately. I am thinking about all of you & I wish I had been able to write down what each of you said so I could comment but I have the computer on my bed right now & 2 dogs & a snoring husband in a pear tree! LOL I hope that all the MIAs will come out & play. Did we ever find out what happened with John? I miss him. He snagged himself a GF & doesn't have time for us anymore, right? It is supposed to be in the 90s here this weekend so our 4 year old granddaughter is playing 2 soccer games tomorrow & we are going to watch them. Hope everyone else enjoys their weekend. I will make the ultimate sacrifice & get a sunburn for everyone if you want me to. ;)...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

FEEL-GOOD HOME10 Ways to Fight Pollen at Home
Keep sneezing and stuffiness to a minimum by making your house as pollen free as possible
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGN3 Award-Winning Bathrooms From 2013 KBIS to Judge for Yourself
See if you agree with the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show judges on these glam, nature-loving and girly bathroom designs
Full Story
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPINGLandscape Trends: Bocce Ball Courts
An ancient sport is a modern hit at home
Full Story
HouzzLenz: The New Way to See Your Home
This amazing new technology promises to revolutionize home design. Here’s how it works
Full Story
COLORThe 10 Hottest Color Trends for Spring
Fasten your seat belts: This year's selections are going to rock your world
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGYour Clutter-Clearing Plan for the New Year
Tackle these tasks month by month for a decluttering strategy that will really pay off
Full Story
LIFEHard Winter? 9 Ways to Battle Cabin Fever
We know a lot of you are trapped where it just won’t stop snowing. Here are some ways to survive
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES28 Design Ideas Coming to Homes Near You in 2017
Set to go big: Satin brass, voice assistants, vanity conversions, spring green and more
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESGet What You Need From the House You Have
6 ways to rethink your house and get that extra living space you need now
Full Story
LIFE10 Ways to Work Through Grief Triggers During the Holidays
A year after losing her sister, she was facing another holiday. Here’s how one woman learned to find joy again
Full Story
Kath