SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smalloldhouse_gw

Renovate or move: How have you decided?

smalloldhouse_gw
7 years ago

How have you decided between moving and renovating over the years? I'm trying to figure out which to pursue and would love to know how others have weighed their options.

For us, moving would definitely be more expensive, mostly because we are constrained by requirements around commute and school district. OTOH it would mean a lot less stress and disruption, and wouldn't have the weird quirks of our current house. Overimproving isn't a concern in this area (just outside DC.) I don't know which would be the better long-term investment. Neither option will get us a "perfect" house by any stretch of the imagination.

Sometimes I wish there were a real life "love it or list it" service ala HGTV (although with less annoying hosts!)

I'd be really interested in hearing views from all of you since so many of you have been down these roads before. (I hope this is the right forum for this question: I've been mostly lurking here since a kitchen redo a few years ago so I sometimes feel like I know you all!)

Comments (21)