SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Got my Hortico order

bethnorcal9
7 years ago

It was actually two orders combined... 19 roses in all. They look good and are soaking now. Nice thing... a few of them were 1.5 grade so they knocked off like $6 apiece. Still decent plants. Only problem is one may be another of their mis-ID'd varieties. I ordered what they listed as the 1983 HT from Cants, GOLDSTAR, a lovely yellow with a white-ish edge and beautiful form. Well, the plant label says "Climbing Gold Star" which is apparently the Tantau shrub/climber version. If that's the case, that's cool. I sorta wanted some more climbers for along the veggie pen fence area. But... I was pretty stoked about that GOLDSTAR rose. It looks quite beautiful. The invoice they sent shows yet another name for the rose... GOLDEN STAR (HT), and there are two roses with that name. I just emailed Nicole to find out if she can tell me which one I am actually going to end up having. My guess is it'll be the climber since that's what's on the label. And it's not a typical Hortico tag. I'm wondering if they got some of these roses from another supplier and didn't actually grow them. In fact, I noticed one of the roses, LIBERTY BELL, has wax on the canes, and their own roses never have wax on them!

They also sent me replacements for two roses that I got last yr that were also mis-ID'd. I ordered the J&P apricot MONET (GRAND IMPRESSION), but I received the lavender MONET. Also ordered Fryer's ROTARY SUNRISE, an apricot/yellow blend, but it ended up being a pure red... possibly ROTARY ROSE or ROTER STERN. Unfortunately, they have a habit of listing the wrong version of a rose with the same or similar name. I hope my replacements are the correct roses this time!!

I'm anxious to see all these new roses bloom!! Here's what all I got...

MONET

ROTARY SUNRISE

GOLD STAR

ALOHA CL

DIZZY HEIGHTS CL

PARADE CL

YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL

LADY X (replacement)

MOODY BLUE

CARDINAL SONG

POLAR STAR

GINGER