SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa902

New construction kitchen help, please

Lisa 902
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi all, I'm hoping someone will take pity on me as I'm literally losing sleep obsessing over all this. Last night I had a nightmare about a bizarre looking island that somehow got installed.

We're building a lake house and we've gone through several kitchen/pantry/laundry room iterations. Here's the latest one, but it's still not right. I've decided against the bi-level island that's pictured (too choppy and I want workspace) but will keep the sink/dishwasher there because I'll look out on the lake that way. The kitchen window just overlooks a gully. The designer is now suggesting an angled L shaped island rather than this shape. The little sink at the end of the exterior wall of cabs is to be part of a bev center for coffee/wine, not designed yet. Right now it looks crazy asymmetrical with the cabs to the left of the sink but nothing to the right, do we move the window?

I'm attaching the main floor plan but it was drawn BEFORE we pulled the garage forward and made a laundry room on the left and a sort of butler's pantry at the garage entrance that will have some cabinets/counters. There is also a typo in the great room that says "Open to below" that should say "Open to above".

The second picture is the new plan of that corner of the house. In the 3rd and 4th, the cabs in the entrance aren't drawn and she accidentally put the washer/dryer there, but they will go in the room in the corner that's behind the stove. They are showing you the garage entrance--the main entrance is on the other side of the pantry.

Are we on the right track here? I'd be grateful for opinions. "Build a house!" they said. "It'll be fun!" they said. Ha!

I should add the upstairs has just a small loft with 2 BR, 2 baths. Basement is a walkout because we're on a hill.

Thank you!

Comments (29)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm