SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
matt7873

john kennedy rose dead or late bloomer

matt7873
7 years ago

Hi planted 6 basic roses last year for my wife to take care of. I am in zone 6a in Ohio.

Well these ended up being mine to take care of as well. I planted Julia child,abe lincoln, john kennedy, twilight zone, neptune, and annas promise.

I planted julia,anna,twilight zone, brecks bare root. Neptune and kennedy come from a local nursery potted, but I believe they just received them bare root and put them in pots. Abe lincoln come from homedepot discount bin.They all got in ground by April and May, and really grew good ,lots of blooms and I did several dead head cuts and lots of reblooming. I put some basic Viagro rose food down around 4 times and watered them good throughout the year.

Flash forward to winter ending spring transition this year. 2-3 weeks ago It warmed up and I pruned and thinned the rose bushes, All of them had new buds except the kennedy. Some more then others, julia child was blowing up as was twilight zone . It got cold again and is just now starting to show more blooms.

This kennedy rose hasnt budded yet, and all the wood seems real brown and dark. Did this one possibly die?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting