SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Severe Weather for 3/28/2017: The Sequel

Okay, other than hail and scary wind, some power outages and a few tornadoes that were fairly minor ( they seem minor from what I've heard so far), it seems like most of OK came through yesterday's storms in pretty good shape. Our sympathies to those in OK, TX and other states who did not.

So, what's better than one day of severe weather this week? How about a second day. Maybe it is good for the economy. Think of all the dozens (if not hundreds, on really high danger days) of storm chasers who come here to chase the storms, but also spend money on gas, food and drinks while here. I know the rain is good for the gardens and the countryside, though we would accept rain with lots less drama.

So, The Sequel to Bad March Weather makes its debut tomorrow.

Again, some parts of OK (as of right now) are under an Enhanced Risk, while others have either a Slight Risk or a Marginal Risk.

I'd like to file an official protest with the storm gods because our county was under an Enhanced Risk yesterday (eventually upgraded to a Moderate Risk) and will be under an Enhanced Risk again tomorrow. Shouldn't the Enhanced Risk be shared equally by all citizens of our region? Why stick some of the same areas with it a second time in the same week? Life just isn't fair. (Y'all know I'm laughing as I type that last part, right?)

At the present time, the Enhanced Risk area runs further west than it did yesterday. This map updates several times a day, so don't be surprised if you see it change.

I also did notice that the heavier rain is trending more north of me, so I may get a break and only have semi-soft quicksand in the back garden after tomorrow's rain instead of full-fledged quicksand. That means that maybe some of you who got little or no rain yesterday may get more tomorrow.

Here's the SPC's Convective Outlook for tomorrow:

SPC Convective Outlook for Day Two

I am not in the garden today because it is muddy, and that is kind of driving me nuts. On the other hand, I worked hard throughout all the hot, dry March days to prepare and plant as early as possible while I could before the rainy season began, so I deserve a break. On the third hand (oops, we only have two hands), I keep thinking of all the things I could be doing if the garden were not a mud pit, so I am not properly appreciating today's break the way I should.

Are y'all ready for tomorrow's severe weather? Protect all those baby plants!

Dawn

Comments (39)