SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 3- 17 - 17

User
7 years ago

Gloria Swanson Quotes
American - Actress March 17, 1899 - April 4, 1983

As Daddy said, life is 95 percent anticipation.
Gloria Swanson

At 26 I felt myself a victim rather than a victor in the realm of pictures.
Gloria Swanson

By the time I was 15, my mother had turned me into a real clotheshorse.
Gloria Swanson

Fame was thrilling only until it became grueling. Money was fun only until you ran out of things to buy.
Gloria Swanson

Nobody gets anything for nothing.
Gloria Swanson

One of the networks sent me a TV set to watch. I didn't care for the medium. It depressed me.
Gloria Swanson

The English press treated the world premiere of my first talking picture as a major event.
Gloria Swanson

Life and death. They are somehow sweetly and beautifully mixed, but I don't know how.
Gloria Swanson

Sunset Boulevard opened in August 1950, and it was pronounced the best movie ever made about Hollywood.
Gloria Swanson

I've given my memoirs far more thought than any of my marriages. You can't divorce a book.
Gloria Swanson

All creative people should be required to leave California for three months every year.
Gloria Swanson

After 16 years in pictures I could not be intimidated easily, because I knew where all the skeletons were buried.
Gloria Swanson

All they had to do was put my name on a marquee and watch the money roll in.
Gloria Swanson

Because I take care of my body, it doesn't look like the body of a woman of my years.
Gloria Swanson

From the first moment on the set I was consumed with curiousity about the technical side of shooting a sound picture.
Gloria Swanson

I always anticipated difficulties in order to avoid scenes.
Gloria Swanson

I am a very pragmatic person.
Gloria Swanson

I became a fanatic about healthy food in 1944.
Gloria Swanson

I consider anybody who weighs over 200 pounds fat, and time was when I could not refrain from telling such people so.
Gloria Swanson

I didn't want to spend the rest of my life playing Norma Desmond over and over again.
Gloria Swanson

I doubted that there were Communists hiding behind every corporation desk and director's chair.
Gloria Swanson

I entered the cosmetics industry because I wanted more women to use cosmetics made with safe, healthful ingredients.
Gloria Swanson

I feel sure that unborn babies pick their parents.
Gloria Swanson

I had starred in more than 30 successful films, six in a row directed by Cecil B. De Mille.
Gloria Swanson

I was 25 and the most popular celebrity in the world, with the possible exception of my friend Mary Pickford.
Gloria Swanson

I was married when I was 17. I knew nothing. I was full of romance.
Gloria Swanson

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions