SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

So bummed, have to start all over.

Annette Holbrook(z7a)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

For those of you who are over my never ending posts, feel free to move on, I totally get it, so am mostly posting in hopes of clarifying my own choices. Chime in or don't, my feelings won't be hurt, everyone's help up to this point has helped me rework the plan. It is truly appreciated and taken to heart, so I am thanking y'all from the bottom of my heart.

So I've mostly been away from GW for a week or so. The cabin we are renovating is in the works. A couple of weeks ago the builder called and said he smelled gas when he went in the house! Panic ensued, but then he figured out the propane tank was empty(good), but we just filled it in December(bad)and don't live there so how did we burn up a full tank? Long story short, hvac is dying and replacement will be about $7000! In the process I drove up to check the renovation and meet with builder on getting started on guesthouse kitchen. We discovered that the difficulty and subsequent cost to move the water lines around to do my preferred plan plus the cost of the new hvac basically was a budget killer. So I'm back to square one(kind of). When I was originally planning this little kitchen a few of y'all suggested an L shaped layout, so that is what I'm doing. The difference being I need to put the fridge right by the window as that is where the water line already is. So here is my new layout, basically I have to leave sink, dishwasher and fridge where they are, so that leaves one place for the range.

Here is the space where the fridge has to go, as you can see the water line for fridge is about 36" away from window. Fridge is 33" wide, so it will just fit.

Here's how it will basically look.

This is my layout.

I'd like to hide the microwave inside the pantry somehow to give the kitchen a cleaner look. I don't think it will get much use so hate to have it out.

The open shelving to the side of the 24" pantry is 3 stacked 9" open shelves.

I could put an end piece on the side of the fridge with some open shelves above to give it a more finished look or is that overthinking?

Comment